What might a locally-led, place-specific experience of climate change add to the response to the climate emergency, and how might creative projects make a difference in our thinking about the future?
For this, the first in our winter 2021 Culture Collective event series, people were invited to join us online to connect with people and projects who are curious about a local, creative response to the climate crisis. Speakers – from the Culture Collective and beyond – discussed their experiences, questions, learnings and hopes for the journey ahead.
- Nicky Bolland and Claire Dufour – Creative Dundee’s CULTIVATE project
- Martin Aitken and Geraldine Heaney – Open Road’s Safe Harbour: Open Sea project
- Linus Rowe – Govanhill Baths’ Occupy! project
- Ink Asher Hemp – Artist for Change: Climate Crisis at Eden Court
- Ellie Harrison – artist, activist, and author of The Glasgow Effect: A Tale of Class, Capitalism & Carbon Footprint
Speakers and project participants appeared together fro, The Deep End (Govanhill Baths), with participants and audience members invited to actively participate in an online streaming of the event.
About the winter events series
Culture Collective’s winter 2021 events are designed as a series of starting points to mark the outset of our journey. Join us as we set out together to an as yet unknown destination, which we will collectively learn about from one another along the way.
Illustration by Maria Stoian (www.mariastoian.com)